Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
About The Position
Trax is the world leader in computer vision solutions for retail. At Trax, we leverage cutting-edge technologies to help our clients in the retail industry, match in-store reality with their expectations. To do so, we use image recognition to check shelf compliance based on photos taken in stores. Our current platform is processing 1G photos every year from all over the world against a database of 1M products with an error rate lower than 1%.
Our company just turned 10 and is still growing fast. Today, we are looking for a Research Scientist to join our Research and Innovation Team based in Paris and build the system of tomorrow.
Your role will include
- Researching and developing state of the art algorithms to be applied in products for retail (mainly computer vision but not limited to)
- Tracking latest technological advancements and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of related scientific research
- Working with a cross-functional team on various advanced “Proof of Concepts" and innovative projects
- Contributing to the Innovation unit as a whole through working together collaboratively, including performing code reviews, mentoring each other and giving technical presentations.
- Foster innovation everywhere in the company
- PhD (or equivalent work experience with a good scientific background) in Machine Learning or Computer science or related field with a focus on Computer Vision
- Demonstrated STRONG experience in Deep Learning
- Strong programming skills, particularly Python. Experience with C++, Swift, Java or NodeJS is a plus.
- Practice of agile development: Unit testing, Continuous build integration and deployment (Git, Jenkins), and Agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge in one of these environments is a plus :
- Cloud environments (AWS/GCP or equivalent) and commonly used tools (MongoDB, queuing system…)
- Mobile development / edge computing
- Augmented reality on mobiles
- Fluent English is a must (and at least intermediate French)
You also have
- A strong desire to learn and adapt new technologies and challenges
- Communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with other teams
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Very strong focus on personal development, strong mentoring
- A young and dynamic team
- Few hierarchical levels
- Exciting technical landscape
- An international environment
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing company journey
- Contract: Permanent Contract/Full time
- Primary location: Paris 75011