Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
About The Position
Trax is looking for a Data Scientist to join its core research and development team on a mission to solve one of retail’s biggest problems!
This is your chance to join an elite team, working on cutting edge technologies and solving real-world problems. Your mission will be to develop novel algorithms and modelling techniques alongside a team of other top-talent engineers and researches.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical professional who is self-sufficient and highly motivated. This individual will collaborate with our product, business intelligence, and other R&D departments to work on a variety of Trax products. You are expected to be a self-learner that continuously seeks to push the envelope, following new and emerging trends in technology while working in a complex setting. You will be accountable for resolving algorithmic difficulties and delivering insights for our largest clients and internal Product / R&D team.
- Develop Machine Learning models that will generate business solutions or automate and speed up our internal processes.
- Apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis, and build high-quality prediction models.
- Develop highly scalable solutions for processing data.
- Own data science services end-to-end and take ownership of their productization process.
- Contribute to the solution as a whole, through working together collaboratively.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or a related STEM field
- Hands on experience in supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistics, data analysis – 3-5 years – MUST
- Strong programming skills in Python/R are mandatory
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with a focus on product development
- Communication and teamwork skills
What we offer:
- A chance to influence a new solution that will impact the everyday lives of millions of people.
- Hard work alongside fun and dynamic team.
- Exciting technical landscape.