Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
About The Position
Trax is looking for a technology-driven, pragmatic Engineering Manager to join our Web Platform department.
Lead and grow teams of web developers, build applications and services in fast paced environment, have the opportunity to be hands-on and close to the code as needed!
- Manage full stack development of web applications
- Design, build, and ship micro-services to a cloud environment
- Guide and grow teams of talented developers
- Shape the engineering culture to help Trax reaching it's vision
What you will do
- You will be the manager of multiple developers and QAs in various teams
- You will be responsible for day to day coaching, mentoring and holding regular 1on1 sessions with your direct reports
- You will be responsible for performance monitoring and reviews, providing and facilitating feedback to each individual in your team to manage their professional growth
- You will take part in code reviews, architecture and sometimes coding
- You will closely work together with product managers and decide on the right technical solution for a given problem - shaping and ensuring high development quality
- You will be involved in the hiring process and decision making of team structures and optimal allocation
- Years of hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Deep understanding of backend web development
- Experience with NodeJS or willingness to learn it
- Experience with databases (MySQL and Mongo is an advantage)
- Experience working in a micro-services environment (advantage)
Leadership experience is a plus but optional. We are mainly looking for someone who loves coaching, guiding and managing engineers and who is passionate about web technology.