Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Senior Research Scientist
About The Position
Trax is the world leader in computer vision solutions for retail. At Trax, we leverage cutting-edge technologies to help our clients in the retail industry, match in-store reality with their expectations. To do so, we use image recognition to check shelf compliance based on photos taken in stores. Our current platform is processing 1G photos every year from all over the world against a database of 1M products with an error rate lower than 1%.
Today, we are looking for a Research Scientist to join our Research and Innovation Team based in Paris and build the system of tomorrow.
Your role will include
- Researching and developing state of the art algorithms to be applied in product identification for retail (mainly involving but not limited to computer vision)
- Working with a cross-functional team on various advanced “Proof of Concept’s” and innovative projects
- Contributing to the Innovation Unit as a whole through extensive collaboration, including performing code reviews, mentoring other team members and giving technical presentations
- Foster innovation everywhere in the company
- Master’s Degree (or graduate degree from a Grande Ecole) in Machine Learning or Computer Science or related field with a focus on Computer Vision
- Demonstrated experience in Deep Learning and algorithms / applied mathematics
- Strong programming skills, particularly Python. Experience with C++, Swift, Java or NodeJS is a plus.
- Practice of agile development: unit testing, continuous build integration and deployment (Git, Jenkins), and agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge in one of these environments is a plus (Cloud environments (AWS/GCP or equivalent) and commonly used tools (MongoDB, queuing systems …), mobile development / edge computing, augmented reality on mobiles)
- Fluency in English and at least intermediate proficiency in French are a must
- Have a strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- A team player and have good communication skills to collaborate with other teams
What we offer
- Supportive environment: You can rely on us from your first working day. You will be cared for and get every support and feedback you need for your personal development.
- Internal learning platform: You can access hundreds of courses and articles in order to keep your knowledge fresh and gather new skills.
- Career path: We pay high attention to internal promotion. You can continue your career either in a more technical role within our R&D team or become our next team lead within Operations.
- International environment: With 20 offices worldwide, you will definitely get in touch with other cultures and gain useful experience in an international environment.
- Competitive compensation package
Please note: only CVs in English will be accepted!