Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Strategic Buyer (Contract position)
About The Position
Trax is looking for a Strategic Buyer to lead purchase process for our Retail Watch function, including Trax cameras, robots and services.
Trax is looking for an individual to strategically manage the long-term innovation pipeline in partnership with the Retail Watch team, to ensure the external manufacturing portfolio is supportive of capacity and capability, and that we are investing with the right partners.
This is a temporary 6-month position with the potential to transition to a permanent position.
- Managing the procurement aspects of product development, design ,production and supply of Trax RW products, includes Camera, Robots and other components to support those development. From product development, mass production and fulfillment.
- Researches and incorporates market trends, best buying practices, cost structures, pricing.
- Define Internal needs, analyze market conditions and implement procurement strategies aligned with Retail watch strategy, to assure supply and price competitiveness.
- Perform commercial negotiation of RWs frame agreements, and secure delivery on time, verify elimination and reduce delivery risks along the supply chain, Managing the commercial aspects of the business with the selected supplier, includes pricing, RFP’s, quotes and biding of new and ongoing projects and products.
- Monitor suppliers regarding product development, costing, sampling, testing, packaging, production, QA and logistics. Ensure all standards are met.
- Proactively explores new opportunities for cost savings. Meets with suppliers on a regular basis to review performance of existing programs and with competing suppliers to learn about new products and services.
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as Buyer or similar role – A must.
- Business related experience in a Strategic Sourcing role with evidence of increases in scope and level of responsibility.
- Experience of NPI within a Senior Procurement role and a skill set that would match well the role requirements defined.
- Experience of working directly with key clients and working independently.
- Supply chain and Product planning experience.
- Experience in a fast paced environment to meet customer requirements (meeting tight deadlines, answering in a quick and concise manner to customer requests on new products).
- Strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Strong understanding of Technology procurement, surrounding hardware, software, engineering, and consultancy
- Strong systems skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong skills in organization, time management, attention to detail and problem solving.
- Strong data management skills
- Strong customer focus with a flexible approach to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
- BA / BSc in business, finance, or other related field – A must
- Master of Business Administration – advantage
Trax Retail provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.