Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Commercial Finance Manager
About The Position
Trax’s mission is to enable brands and retailers to harness the power of digital technologies to produce the best shopping experiences imaginable. Trax’s retail platform allows customers to understand what is happening on the shelf, in every store, all the time so they can focus on what they do best – delighting shoppers. Many of the world’s top CPG companies and retailers use Trax’s dynamic merchandising, in-store execution, shopper engagement, market measurement, analytics, and shelf monitoring solutions at scale to drive positive shopper experiences and unlock revenue opportunities at all points of sale. As pioneers in computer vision, Trax continues to lead the industry in innovation and excellence through the development of advanced technologies and autonomous data collection methods. Trax is a global company with hubs in the United States, Singapore, and Israel, serving customers in more than 90 countries worldwide. To learn more, visit www.traxretail.com.
We are seeking a Commercial Finance Manager, based in the US, to provide both strategic and operational support to the Shopkick business within Trax. The role is a critical point of contact for the Shopkick team, reporting functionally to the Senior Director, Commercial Finance and Corporate Development based in the United States. We are looking for a team member who can work independently and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty within a growing tech company.
Trax is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all team members, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all
The Role: Commercial Finance Manager
- Own monthly revenue forecasting for the Shopkick business including developing robust forecasting model as well as performing variance analysis versus budget, informed by partnering with the sales and operations teams
- Presentation of monthly revenue results to the Shopkick leadership and other stakeholders as required.
- Partner with Shopkick leadership and other relevant commercial leaders to ensure the businesses are on track to meet targets, via identifying potential gaps vs. forecast and working out gap closing plans
- Regularly attend regional sales/management meetings
- Review proposals to ensure compliance with company guidelines and policies and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Review customer contracts to ensure they are in line with commercial negotiation terms and fully understand the implications on revenue recognition / costs/ cash collection, as well as highlighting any potential risks
- Attend client meetings if required
- Perform pricing analysis to understand the profitability of projects and ensure the impact of any discounting is fully understood
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the needed reporting / analysis to support business needs.
- Provide necessary inputs to support operating plans and rolling forecast.
- Support the local organization in raising awareness and knowledge of financial management.
- Act a primary liaison to the Shopkick sales team in respect of financial matters
- Other ad-hoc assignment(s)
- Degree in Finance or Accountancy, MBA desired
- 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance people
- Strong business acumen and sound knowledge of finance/accounting concepts
- Confident and comfortable leading meetings with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and self-driven personality
- Proactive, with a “Can do” attitude and collaborative spirit
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing the required duties
- Hard-working, efficient and motivated by results
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Qualified and experienced in a similar business partnering/financial analysis role
- Proficient with Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Previous experience in matrix organization preferred