Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
About The Position
Trax is looking for a Data Engineer to join its Data Services team. This person will be responsible for Trax's main DWH, managing extensive parts of our data flows and data model designs, closely working with both BI and DBA teams serving management, operations, finance, and product strategy units.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, highly-motivated, SW engineer with strong affinity to state of the art data technologies. He or she is expected to be a self-learner that continuously seeks to push the envelope, following new and emerging trends in technology while working in a complex setting.
- Design, build and deploy complex data pipelines, moving and manipulating Trax’s data from multiple data sources – RDBMS, NoSQL systems, proprietary software, etc.
- Provide technical support and help design data models reflecting our internal processes and our customers’ needs.
- Identify new and emerging technologies that may drive efficiency and introduce these to relevant architecture, research and development teams.
- Support production environment with both internal and external parties
- Continuously develop and govern the BI DWH
- 3+ years hands on experience with python/Java/C#, SQL and NoSQL
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principals
- Experience with BI processes and tools - a must
- Good familiarity with Spark, Scala, Linux power tools (bash, sed, awk, etc.) – an advantage
- Experience with GCP data tools and Big Query – an advantage
- Experience with code deployment and version control - an advantage
- B.Sc/M.Sc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent certifications B.Sc/M.Sc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent certifications
- Highly motivated, customer centric mindset with strong communication skills
- Team player – effectively work with others
- Committed to highest quality and seeing tasks to completion
- Self-motivated able to maintain progress with little or no supervision
- Methodical troubleshooting abilities