Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Senior Data Engineer
About The Position
Trax - world’s leading image recognition platform for retail - is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to lead and kick-start the Data Engineering practice in its Dynamic Merchandizing department. This person will be the first data engineer and is expected to lay the foundations, set best practices, and collaborate with the software development team.
- Collaborate with the product team, the group’s architect as well as business stakeholder to design and model the data in a way that all teams can easily gain insights
- Maintain and further develop data architecture in GCP environment (Big Query, FiveTran, dbt)
- Monitor health of data flow and databases
- Find and fix data quality issues in data flow
- Organize group's data assets into a data catalog with documented data pipelines
- Work independently and propose improvements and best practices in data flow and architecture
- Drive the phasing out of legacy ETL infrastructure (MSSQL, Scriptella)
- Work together with BI analysts in data preparation for reporting
- Building data pipelines
- Data modeling
- Google tools (Storage, Data Flow, BigQuery)
- BI tools (Looker is a plus)
+ Experience with NoSQL/Mongo and Data warehouse