Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Quality Engineering Manager
About The Position
Shopkick, A Trax Company, is a shopping app (30M+ downloads) that connects brands and retailers to consumers along the entire path to purchase. We provide measurable solutions for our customers as we get our audience to engage with content, learn about and pick up products helping drive incremental store traffic and sales using “kicks” instead of cash back, coupons, or discounts.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with engineering excellence and leading and building strong teams. You will work closely with our engineers to architect & develop the best technical design and approach for the quality assurance of our apps and platform. You will have a strong background in the automation testing of consumer facing apps. This leader can think long-term, advocate for strong engineering excellence, and bring in their own QA best practices as well as follow best practices from the broader QA community. You will be a great people manager who develops and enables your team to grow and succeed.
Candidates must have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, automation, and delivering high-quality products. Join us and build something meaningful.
- Own quality and testing of ShopKick's products, ensuring exceptional customer experiences across our product portfolio
- Hands-on leadership and development of our internal QE team and 3rd party QA resources
- Setup processes, develop testing strategies, and implement automation to improve impact of QE on our releases
- Partner with product development and engineering teams to define quality standards and metrics for our products and infrastructure
- Participate in Agile workflows (sprint planning, daily scrum, retrospectives)
- 5 years of experience testing high-volume consumer-facing web sites & mobile applications as part of an agile team
- 2 years of QA/QE leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience with:
- Python, Java, Swift, Kotlin, and Objective-C application testing
- Tools such as Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Postman, Device Farm, and/or SauceLabs
- Leveraging third-party remote crowd QA platforms such as Applause or Rainforest
- Management of off-shore/near-shore QA resources
- Ability to review user stories and provide feedback to PMs
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in person and utilizing a team communication tool such as Slack
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with test case management systems like TestRail or TestLodge
- Experience working on Performance and Stress/Load tests
- Experience using Mock APIs to facilitate application testing
- Experience testing video streaming and encoding workflows
- Experience with fraud detection, security testing, etc.
- Exposure to Accessibility testing (WCAG 2.0 AA)