Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Lead Data Engineer
About The Position
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and curious Lead Data Engineer with proven analytical and technical skills to help us to organize our data to help the business deliver high value, make timely and confident decisions and build personalized products for our customers.
As a Lead Data Engineer you will:
- Understand the client’s requirements and architect a robust data platform on multiple cloud technologies.
- Create reusable and scalable data pipelines
- Architect and drive the implementation of new data platforms.
- Provide essential support to product, engineering, and analytics teams.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and stakeholders to design the Technical Architecture for the data platform to meet the requirements of the proposed solution.
- Work with the leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the data engineering team.
- Choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages, and frameworks for each task.
- Help the Data Engineering team produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production.
- Create and own delivery of the technical product backlogs for data products.
Additionally, you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in delivering Advance Analytics solutions Data Warehousing, Big Data in the Cloud
- Strong foundation in software engineering principles and an architectural mindset.
- Knowledge of Data Streaming and Big Data technologies.
- Strong coding skills in Java and Python.
- Experience in architecting software solutions on the public cloud.
- Experience in authoring or reviewing system design documents for enterprise solutions.
- Deep knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries.
- Working knowledge of the pros, cons and usages of various ML/DL applications (such as Keras, TensorFlow, Python scikit learn and R)
- Experience in working in Agile delivery
- Good knowledge of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL.
What will set you apart:
- Your energy, passion, and creativity to build best-in-class consumer experiences.
- Customer Obsession – you are a passionate advocate for the customer. You stay close to customer problems and solve them with urgency.
- Speed as a Habit - can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick, data-driven, customer-centric decisions, and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes.
- You think long-term and build the road to get there by launching high-quality features and products that customers need.
- Boundaryless Collaboration as you will be working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- You communicate respectfully and effectively verbally and in writing with engineers, designers, customers, and stakeholders.
Trax is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all team members, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.