Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
VP of Software Engineering
About The Position
Shopkick: The smarter way to shop.
Millions of shopping trips start with Shopkick every month. Shopkick is a leading shopping and rewards platform in the US, helping everyday shoppers make smarter shopping decisions and to earn cashback rewards from their favorite brands and local retail stores.
If you are passionate about building new products that help people in their everyday lives and growing our business, come and join our growing Shopkick team!
As a VP of Engineering, you’ll lead engineering and QA teams driving the development of Shopkick's core platform and Mobile apps. These products are built to scale to millions of customers using our mobile apps that run on Google Cloud. You will work with cross-functional teams in Product Management, Marketing, Retail, Technology Infrastructure, Tech Innovation, Data Science, and many others to help build our products.
Finally, work in an energizing, growth mindset environment with disruptive thinkers and bring your whole self to work every
If this excites you, please read on...
How you will contribute and collaborate
- Customer Obsession – is a passionate advocate for the customer. Stays close to customer problems and solves them with urgency.
- Technology Strategy - Define a durable and scalable technology strategy for scaling the platforms for our growth offerings. These platforms will touch nearly 100% of our current and future customers.
- Boundaryless Collaboration – Establish alignment of vision, strategy & delivery working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders including senior leaders across geographies.
- Engineering Excellence - Sets clear objectives and goals for the team and enables the team to deliver and use operating mechanisms to continually assess progress and improve. Establishes the data-driven processes needed to achieve operational & engineering excellence.
- People Development - Grow and coach engineering talent acts as a talent magnet to attract, nurture, and retain senior talent including Engineering Managers, Architects and acts as a coach for engineers across the site.
- Speed as a Habit – can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick data-driven customer-backed decisions, and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and evolving high-scale, distributed software systems and mobile products.
- Proven track record of successful engineering delivery and execution of complex software projects.
- Experience in hiring and scaling distributed high-performing engineering teams
- A technology leader and collaborator who understands how to deal with ambiguity, determine goals and deliver effectively against them in a repeatable and systemic fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across teams, functional groups, and divisions.
- Experimentation & Data-Driven decision making
- Proven track of applying Agile development methodologies at scale.
- A minimum of 15 years in software engineering development and leading global teams
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer provided equipment
- Unlimited PTO
- Work/Life balance
Trax is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all team members, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.