Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Director of Engineering
About The Position
Trax is looking for a Director of Engineering to lead the development of technology for our computer vision solution for retailers. You will be a key member of the leadership team that is at the early stages of a multi-billion-dollar opportunity. You will be leading a team that develops our product that is composed of our IOT in-store HW SW platform, SAAS, Mobile and web applications, and data applications leveraging Trax’s world class computer vision platform. The team is composed of architects, front end, backend, and embedded engineers, data scientists, HW and Systems engineers.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, engineering leader with strong leadership skills, a polyglot who can manage multiple disciplines and is comfortable in product and strategic conversations. As a Director the candidate will be able to recruit and motivate team leaders and members, manage engineering processes and bring innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Working on state-of-the-art technologies with amazing people
- Learning & development opportunities
- Global work environment, diverse & inclusive company
- Amazing office in central Tel-Aviv
What to expect In this role (How your day to day will look like):
- Develop, hire and enable incredible engineering talent and scale our team
- Lead an engineering team of 20-40 engineers and managers including front-end and back-end development teams, mobile developers, architects, data science , data engineering ,QA , Embedded , system architects and system engineering in several teams
- Partner closely with product, operations, key technology providers and our other engineering and algorithm teams across Trax
- Manage technology strategy, development, integration and test
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget and maximize those dollars impact on the business and technology
Who you are:
- You are passionate about what technology can do
- You have a broad enterprise technology background and have deep experience leading deep collaboration between product and engineering
- You have real-world experience leading global engineering teams of 30 people or more and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- Strong experience implementing the right development methodology for the right situation
- You aren’t product by profession but have product chops and can contribute to product direction and strategy
- Able to develop strong relationships with peers and have high emotional intelligence
- Strong understanding of system architecture, analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience SaaS solutions, Data products and or IOT
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent