Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Channel Sales Representative
About The Position
Trax is the world leader in computer vision solutions for retail, ranking in the top 25 Fastest Growing Companies on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 list. The company enables tighter execution controls in-store and the ability to leverage competitive insights through their in-store execution tools, market measurement services and data science to unlock revenue opportunities at all points of sale. Trax does this using smartphones, tablets, fixed cameras and robotics to gain actionable shelf analytics in real-time.
With over 175 clients, in over 90 countries, top brands such as Coca-Cola, AB InBev, Nestle, Henkel, PepsiCo and many more, leverage Trax globally to manage their in-store execution and increase revenues at the shelf. Trax is headquartered in Singapore with offices worldwide. To learn more about Trax, please visit www.traxretail.com.
Reporting into the Country manager Japan, this role will be responsible for driving sales and business development across Japan region. The focus will be to accelerate and acquire new customers, Via channel sales, and direct sales. elevate the Trax branding and value proposition and drive profitable growth in Japan. Location is to be based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Primarily responsible to drive new sales for the Japan region
- To attain sales (revenue) targets by resourcefully identifying contacts, nurturing leads, building relationships, and reaching to the right stakeholders and budget owners
- Build a strong network of partners and alliances within CPG/ Retail
- Accountable for selling Trax solutions while ensuring the client-facing aspects of projects are successful, by acting as the primary point of contact for client, working collaboratively with internal Pre-Sales and Operations unit
- Responsible for customer experience & satisfaction while anticipating and managing challenges and risks
- Amount of travel involved - up to 50%
- 5-10 years of relevant experience of selling SW based solutions into the CPG and/or Retail industries. Working with re-sellers and partners in Japan market
- Candidates must have worked in the Japan market and have solid network of contacts and relationships
- Possess strong leadership & team-working skills, ability to work with a matrix team of Sales Engineers, Operations, Delivery and R&D in an effective manner
- Perceptive, collaborative and strongly customer-orientated with demonstrated ability to win new customers/business with healthy revenue and build strong relationships with customers
- Structured thinker and communicator. Gives confidence, takes concerns seriously, but is able identify serious issues vs. those which are less important, and treats them accordingly
- Demonstrated strength in analytical and logical reasoning; ability to clearly explain technology to non-expert audiences
- Ability to understand technology and its evolving changes and process new information easily
- Solid written communication skills in English. Japanese native.
- Flexible, energetic, with a strong sense of entrepreneurship, creative mind, ability to think out-of-the-box
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Highly organized and efficient
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- University degree in Business and/or other relevant major