Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
About The Position
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
We are looking for a passionate and curious Software Engineer with proven analytical and technical skills, to help us to develop software that delights our customers daily. You will ship a quality product with features that customers love and improve the way we work.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Design, develop and support APIs, microservices, and backend services that power mobile apps used by millions of users and process hundreds of millions of events each day
- Continuously improve the Shopkick platform by devising new approaches to solve problems, refactoring, and optimizing services.
- Handle merge requests and code reviews, enforcing standards and best practices
- Participate in Agile process (sprint planning, estimation, retrospectives, daily scrum)
- Improve our resilience, scalability, performance and quality
Additionally, you will bring:
- Education/Experience: BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer designing high-scale consumer-facing services, or related experience in Python and Java
- Experience with FastAPI, Flask, or other Python application frameworks such as Pylons
- Proficiency in database frameworks such as SQLAlchemy and working with both relational and NoSQL database systems
- Solid understanding of scalability and performance optimization in distributed processing systems focused on multi-tiered caching
- Your knowledge and experience with the product development process in an Agile environment
What will set you apart:
- Your energy, passion, and creativity to build best-in-class consumer experiences.
- Customer Obsession – you are a passionate advocate for the customer. You stay close to customer problems and solve them with urgency.
- Speed as a Habit - can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick data-driven, customer-centric decisions, and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes.
- You think long-term and build the road to get there, by launching high-quality features and products that customers need
- Boundaryless Collaboration as you will be working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders including senior leaders across continents and time zones
- You communicate, respectfully and effectively verbally and in writing with engineers, designers, customers, and stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity, know how to set the course, and lead the team by example
Trax is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all team members, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.