Build your career with Trax
Join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world
At Trax, our people are at the core of our business, as we create technology and services that are changing the world of retail. Get to know us.
Trax is a rapidly growing
company with start-up values
We started out with the daring mission of solving long-standing problems for our CPG and retail customers. Today, we are proud to be market makers, and our journey is streaked with perseverance, team work and a whole lot of fun.
Unleash your potential by joining a powerhouse of brilliant minds from diverse backgrounds, in an environment that is learning-friendly - and often filled with food!SEE OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Director of Business Operations
About The Position
About The Role
The Director of Business Operations will ensure that Trax runs at maximum efficiency and productivity, and acts as the interlock between business leaders, HR, Finance, and other corporate functions, engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders across the leadership team. Responsibilities will include to monitor, report progress and act upon the results. In collaboration with Leadership team, the role has wide latitude in decision making and determination of objectives and approaches to critical assignments and manages cross functional initiatives. The business operations lead will lead creation, identification, and insights of metrics to improve business performance and will play a pivotal role driving company goals by being the champion of the company’s OKR program.
During M&A integration projects, the Director will work closely with senior executives, acquired company management and internal cross-functional teams to deliver successful integrations of acquired companies globally. For each acquisition, he/she will partner with multiple integration work streams, build integration plans, review data, identify issues and drive decisions while coordinating with professionals throughout Trax.
As the integration leader the Director will drive day-to-day manager responsible for coordinating, planning, problem solving and implementing all requirements to achieve integration results. Act as consultant, facilitator, communicator, project manager, coach and bridge builder.
The position might also be involved in other cross company initiatives spearheaded by the Chief of Staff.
What You’ll Do
· Act a business integrator, collaborate closely with different business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing and Legal to facilitate smooth business operations to achieve business priorities, campaigns and initiatives planned.
· Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
· Prepare periodic reports to BOD and to executive team
· Manage the company's goal setting and priority processes through the OKR program
· Present regular business updates and ensure Trax senior leadership is aware of critical issues/risks
· Compile information from various sources to formulate a current picture of the company and the market
· Develops appropriate methods and strategic frameworks by which departments within the company will communicate.
· Perform research using shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports,
· Work with the Trax senior stakeholders, the new management team to set the integration vision and scope aligned to the strategic goals of the post-acquisition period
· Serve as the principal day-to-day point of contact for all things related to integration and create the connective tissue between the two businesses.
· Establish the overall integration process design, mechanics, and protocols to be followed by all participants and executives.
· Manage the end-to-end integration process and activities from initial development of integration plans with milestones and timelines required to achieve deal specific value and synergies. Implement and monitor the post-merger integration detailed plans, providing true accountability for action items and deadlines.
· Stay current in deal and integration thought leadership and best practices to maintain cutting-edge M&A integration capabilities, identify improvements in acquisition integration processes/techniques and implement best practice methodologies.
· Become the post-merger integration subject matter expert of your organization
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
· Experience in building and driving business transformation processes
· 5-10 years' experience in consultancy or business operation roles
· Demonstrated capability to work in in complex environments with a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders in a global team that spans across the globe
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience applying structured problem-solving methods to detect, define, analyze and resolve gaps and ideal performance
· Excellent interpersonal that can be effectively used to inspire change across multiple cross-functional partners
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to build and sustain strong relationships at multiple levels internally and with partners; high emotional intelligence and an ability to challenge in a nuanced way.
· Ability to negotiate and mediate across stakeholders in an open, collaborative style
· Ability to think creatively and critically in a fast-paced and ambiguous work environment
· Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable, and structured approach to problem-solving
· A proactive, detail oriented and hands-on approach to problem identification and remediation solutions
· Experience with a rapidly scaling technology/software business
· Experience working in a fast paced, often changing environment with efficiency and accuracy
Trax Retail provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.