Reporting to the Regional Director Sales Engineer, APAC, the Sales Engineer (SE) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The SE collaborates with sales, operations, and technical resources to ensure proposed deals include the technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. Additionally, the SE will also work on the SOW to close and hand -over the same to operations with guidance during and post project closure. This position will be based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Proactively scopes the functional and technical solution required to address customer business needs, by assessment of customers’ needs, and recommendation of solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Trax.
- Responsible for analyzing, consulting and positioning Trax solution opportunities (new and up/cross-sale) including system design, gap analysis and integration analysis
- Assist sales in developing responses and proposals to prospective and existing customers, including RFI/RFP, SOW, technical queries and demonstrations
- Serve as liaison between client and sales personnel with Trax internal groups to streamline communications, analyze gaps and coordinate solutions scope and timelines.
- Develop and maintain technical presentations and other technical sales tools.
- Coach and mentor sales representatives for Functional / technical product knowledge
- Any other ad-hoc assignment(s) assigned by manager from time to time
- 3 - 5 years of experience in project management, product management or solutions pre-sale of a business-to-business solutions / SaaS based product to large/strategic customer segment (Retail industry – a plus);
- Previous experience in developing and presenting technical product presentations in person, via the phone or the web required.
- Experience in Retail / CPG industry is preferred
- Previous experience in requirements gathering, system analysis and writing functional specifications / SOWS required
- Good working Knowledge of systems integration, API’s, XML, JSON, HTML and BI - preferred
- Fluent English and strong presentation skills
- Experience in working in a matrix working model especially to liaison with teams across the global R&D, local teams, customers etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Management of Information Systems