The Pre-Sale Engineer position sells Trax solutions using technical, retail domain expertise from previous roles either working for a consumer package goods retailer or selling software into retailers as well as customer knowledge to influence customers in applying Trax’s products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation.
In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
- Proactively scopes the functional and technical solution required to address customer business needs, by assessment of customers’ needs, and recommendation of solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Trax.
- Responsible for analyzing, consulting and positioning Trax solution opportunities (new and up/cross-sale) including system design, gap analysis and integration analysis
- Use industry experience to evaluate customer requirements and explain applicable business cases to prospects and align to potential ROI
- Assist sales in developing responses and proposals to prospective and existing customers, including RFI/RFP, SOW, technical queries and demonstrations
- Serve as liaison between client and sales personnel with Trax internal groups to streamline communications, analyze gaps and coordinate solutions scope and timelines.
- Develop and maintain technical presentations and other technical sales tools.
- Coach and mentor sales representatives for technical product knowledge
- Performs other incidental duties as assigned
- Prepare solution proposals and presentations
- Create, review and recommend solution offerings in Statement of work documents
- Investigate opportunities together with Account Managers in order to build business cases for clients to invest including upselling and change requests
- Review complex solutions such as platform/ applications integrations
- Run Solution workshops for with clients
- Liaise with Operations and Support teams to identify client improvements
- Present Project and Support SLA to clients
- Support client in Change Management process by providing field and back office training
- At least 5 years of experience in a Sales Engineering role for a software or SaaS provider selling to large/strategic customer segment
- At least 5 years of experience working for a CPG company or Retailer or selling enterprise software into CPG companies or retailers
- Previous experience in developing and presenting technical product presentations in person, via the phone or the web required
- Previous experience in requirements gathering, system analysis and writing functional specifications required
- Fluent English is a must (Bilingual/Multilingual a plus)
- Ability to travel as required
- Knowledge of systems integration, API’s, XML, JSON, HTML and BI – advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Management of Information Systems or equivalent experience