Trax is seeking a talented Project Manager – Service Delivery to join our dedicated, passionate team of technology professionals. Also known as the Service Delivery Manager, this role will report to either the Project Director or to the Head of Operations (depending on the customer and projects assigned). The SDM will be responsible for helping our company succeed by ensuring excellent ongoing service operations for an already-deployed Trax solution and customer, through delivery within agreed upon SLAs and proactive issue management and resolution. This role is primarily behind the scenes and not customer-facing, but may change based on account and need.
This role is preferably in one of Trax’s major Americas hubs – Denver, New York, Atlanta, Chicago. Open to remote work for the right candidate with the right experience.
Mission of the Role
Trax aims to be the single point of information for all things in store. We aim to be a reliable, consistent, customer-centric team who delivers the highest quality data and enables our partners to effectively navigate an increasingly complex retail environment. System stability and service quality are table-stakes. The role of the SDM is to allow for our customers to focus on where they truly need to – winning in retail – not with operational issues.
The SDM will help develop and promote a sustainable and transferable method to eliminate redundancies and inefficiencies in the way we currently service our clients, helping expand the number of clients per the typical Service Delivery Manager. We aim to scale a reliable, effective method of managing all ongoing customer operations, without any degradation in customer service and support. As the SDM, you are accountable for being:
- The single point of operational delivery for Trax and for Trax’s customer(s) in a “live,” deployed state (solution has been rolled out)
- Tied to the customer’s priorities and SLAs, as defined by your partnering Trax Account Manager and the signed statement of work
- The focal point for coordination across various Trax delivery services (e.g. recognition team, collection team, professional services team, customer support team, etc)
The SDM is primarily responsible for achieving all customer-defined SLAs and managing all ongoing operational routines supporting these. These include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities.
- Effectively leverage performance management framework to track operational metrics, drive root cause analysis, and drive continuous improvement efforts where required
- Escalate any performance anomalies or service degradation to Trax Account Manager to ensure unified, timely, consistent, clear messaging back to customer
- Ensure systems and structure for tracking and reporting SLAs and client satisfaction are in place and effectively utilized ongoing
- Track all ongoing issues via Jira and/or Service Now ticketing platforms
- Develop strong relationships and rapport with project team, serving as primary operational contact for Account Manager and sometimes the end-customer
- Manage and coordinate all components of ongoing operations (during times of crisis and also in times of stability)
- Focus on achieving consistent speed and quality with back office operations team
- Work closely with product/R&D on release management, proactively communicating service and technology changes to customer team
- Oversee the integration of all service delivery functions and constantly improve the quality and inter-working of delivery service for clients
- Lead operational service reviews to identify areas of improvement
- Lead project stabilization efforts where necessary (get projects and customers to “green”)
- Leverage processes and stabilization efforts to minimize human capacity required per project, thus growing the number of projects each SDM has by +1-2 each quarter
- Focus on achieving operational scale through back office operations
Each Project Manager - Service Delivery will be evaluated on the following success measures:
- The operational health of their projects - a goal of 95% of the regional projects should be green/on track each quarter
- The NPS (net promoter score) of their customer(s) - would they recommend Trax to their friends or colleagues?
- The efficiency of processes and methodologies that support their customers at scale
This person must be technically and operationally fluent and comfortable navigating across many systems and projects at once. This role is built to support many projects, so the SDM must be able to leverage a "one-to-many" framework for operational success and standardize a methodical routine for service and ongoing operations management.
- Operational, process-driven, and methodical (can built and scale repeatable processes without degrading service)
- Demonstrable experience of having designed and implemented significant productivity gains as well as customer satisfaction improvements through technology
- Fluency in SQL or other data extraction and synthesizing routines.
- Knowledge of APIs are a plus.
- Customer-focused, experience working with customers hands on (or on-site) is a plus
- Track record of driving continuous improvements in a scalable, sustainable manner
- Experience with incident and performance management
- Project Management tools – Jira, MS Project (or similar project software) also a plus (but not required).