Trax is seeking a talented Project Manager to join our dedicated, passionate team of technology professionals. We value motivated, savvy, roll-up-the-sleeves type of operators who are not afraid to get into the details, but can also effectively manage all levels of customer conversation. This role is critical to the success of Trax.
The Project Manager will report to either the Head of Operations or a Project Director (depending on the customer and project) and will be responsible for ensuring excellent new project deployments through seamless internal and external coordination, customer expectation management, relationship building, and operational delivery (within agreed upon SLAs and timelines). The PM is the face of Trax operations to our customer and a pivotal piece to long-term customer and project success.
This role is preferably in one of Trax’s major Americas hubs – Denver, New York, Atlanta, Chicago. Open to remote work for the right candidate with the right experience.
Mission of the Role
Trax aims to be the single point of information for all things in store. We aim to be a reliable, consistent, customer-centric team who delivers the highest quality data and enables our partners to effectively navigate an increasingly complex retail environment.
The role of the PM is a critical to shaping the customer’s first experience with Trax. This builds their perception of our company and their understanding of image recognition as a solution (and all operational components to deliver it successfully). The PM will coordinate all pieces of the delivery routine over a 3-12 month project life cycle and align all internal and external parties in the process. They will set the stage for long-term operational success and excellent ongoing service delivery.
Leadership and Coordination:
- Create and centralize a deployment project plan, holding all internal and external stakeholders accountable for quality and on-time delivery across project milestones
- Educate the Customer on Trax processes, simplifying their experience and perception of working with Trax as a partner
- Work closely with Support/Product/R&D on release management, proactively communicating service and technology changes to customer (leading UAT with customer before changes occur)
- Similarly, coordinate issue resolution across functions if/when issues occur
- Oversee the coordination and collaboration of all Trax services teams to meet project milestones
- Set up key KPIs to track project health and customer satisfaction
- Share and utilize best practices across other regional Project Managers
- Create and maintain positive working relationship with the customer, ensuring Trax business understands customer must-haves and pain points
- Meet customer project milestones (UAT, go-live etc.) in accordance to aligned upon project plan
- Track and resolve all issues and mitigate risks that present themselves in the project
- Create playbook for “live” customer operations (when the project has deployed)
- Prioritize and elevate relevant customer issues within Trax Support team
- Monitor ongoing performance against KPIs
- Lead project stabilization efforts where necessary (to move project statuses to “green”)
Each Project Manager - Customer Deployment will be evaluated on the following success measures:
- The operational health of their projects - a goal of 95% of the regional projects should be green/on track each quarter
- The NPS (net promoter score) of their customer(s) - would they recommend Trax to their friends or colleagues?
- The effective transition of a project to continuous service delivery
The ideal candidate has experience managing a team, process or major customer deployment and must be able to effectively showcase their ability to lead a large group through choppy waters.
- A background in an operational and/or a customer success-related role is a must. Customer-facing experience required (on-site a plus)
- Experience navigating all levels of stakeholders - from day to day analysts to senior level executives
- Can solve technical problems autonomously, navigating through various technical and organizational hurdles to reach appropriate resolution
- Operational, programmatic, organized and methodical in working style
- Track record of driving continuous improvements in a scalable, sustainable manner
- Demonstrable experience of having designed and implemented significant productivity gains as well as customer satisfaction improvements
- Experience with incident and performance management
- Project Management tools – Jira, MS Project (or similar project software) is a plus