The Accountant provides both operational and pragmatic support to the Global finance operations based in Singapore. The person will be working closely within the finance community of Trax is tasked with performing various requirements to ensure the integrity and timeliness of the Groups financials. The role reports to the Finance Manager and is expected to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all information made available in the fulfilment of their duties.
· Oversee a spectrum of Accounts Payable functions and General Ledger functions for US entity
· Prepare and handle full sets of accounts (GL and AP functions)
· Ensure timely month-end and year-end closing
· Prepare monthly management reports, financial analysis, and support FP&A function
· Maintain fixed asset schedules and balance sheet schedules/reconciliations.
· Manage local tax filings and compliance within the US jurisdiction
· Liaise with external parties, auditors, bankers, tax consultants etc.
· Ensure bank reconciliations are carried on time with reconciling items followed closely
· Ensure that financial operations integrate with Group financial operations/reporting and global FP&A reporting requirements
· Other ad-hoc assignment(s) eg finance integration, historical data migration and reconciliation
· At least 5 years relevant working experience in accounting field, audit experience preferred but not a must.
· Prior experience working in US finance ops and a strong communicator with the various parties is highly preferred.
· Strong problem-solving skills in managing day-to-day finance operational issues
· Ability to work under pressure and meet reporting deadline
· Ability to be on top of the financial situations and changes across the subsidiaries/regions with agility to respond timely across different time zone
· Knowledge of NetSuite (ERP system) - preferred but not essential
· Ability to analyze and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
· Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the required duties
· Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Efficient and motivated by results
· Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
· Degree in Accountancy (or equivalent)
· Certified Public Accountants are preferred