Job Description – Senior Finance Manager
Trax is the world leader in computer vision solutions for retail, ranking in the top 25 fastest growing companies on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list. The Trax platform enables tight execution controls in-store and the ability to leverage competitive insights through their in-store execution tools, market measurement services, and data science to unlock revenue opportunities at all points of sale. Trax is headquartered in Singapore, with offices throughout APAC, Europe, Middle East, North America, and South America. The company is proud to serve global brands like Coca-Cola, ABInBev, Heineken, Nestle, and Henkel.
Please visit www.traxretail.com for more information.
The Senior Finance Manager, located in Paris, provides both operational and pragmatic support to the Trax operations in Europe regionally and participates in global initiatives as required. The Senior Finance Manager reports functionally to the Director of Accounting based in Singapore.
- Strong understanding of technical accounting guidance and interpretations, specifically French GAAP and IFRS, with an appreciation of US GAAP standards
- Identify and assess French GAAP to IFRS differences and implement French GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Experience in external audit and reporting compliance, including preparation of financial statements and disclosures
- Demonstrates strong understanding of key tax concepts such as corporate taxation, GST/VAT, transfer pricing, permanent establishment principles and withholding tax
- Experience in fair valuation models and techniques such as in areas of Company ordinary shares, stock options, restricted stock units, intangible assets etc.
- Knowledge on intangible assets capitalization and monitoring process
- Design and lead regional internal finance policies and procedures
- Experience in implementing enterprise risk management and COSO framework
- Experience in internal controls design, documentation, testing and reporting (e.g. SOX 404)
- Establish and maintain the control environment within the Group by managing the various key stakeholders to ensure compliance to the effective operation of internal controls
- Perform controls testing as part internal management assessment on a regular basis
- Experience working with professional services firm in audit, tax, legal, valuation specialists
- Manage month-end General Ledger close and consolidation
- Manage M&A integration and transition activities and support on financial and tax due diligence for new opportunities when required
- Supports Group Treasury functions, reporting and initiatives
- Supports internal management reporting, financial planning and analysis
- Drive continuous improvement and transformation within the Finance organization
- Participate in ad-hoc projects when needed such as ERP system improvements (NetSuite), IPO readiness preparation, audit committee presentation decks etc.
- Great working and collaborative attitude, highly motivated individual
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related field with at least 4-5 years of audit experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and preferably 3-4 years of relevant finance experience in a commercial environment
- A recognized accounting qualification, French CA/CPA preferred (CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Experience working in a multi-national corporation and able to effectively communicate with teams in different countries and time-zones
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX 404 controls preferred
- Hands-on individual and able to multi-task
- Able to handle stress and execute key deliverables under tight deadlines
- Prior team management experience required
- Demonstrates mental agility
- Proven ability to understand key financial and business variables in a complex and challenging commercial environment
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive key business changes
- Proven experience in managing both internal and external stakeholders at all levels through excellent communication
- Proven project management skills
- Great team player