This role is an extremely rare opportunity to participate from the ground-up in establishing a start-up within a recently designated “unicorn” private company. The original founding business and technical teams from Trax and Quri (acquired by Trax in 2018) have been asked by Trax’s executive leadership to create an entirely new business within Trax that ultimately will enable our customers to make real-time merchandising decisions at physical retail stores globally. The solution will uniquely combine technology and marketplace innovations such as AI/ML, computer vision, AR and new labor/workforce innovations.
Streamlining retail labor is the final piece in the $1 trillion global value equation between brands, retailers, and shoppers, and we believe strongly that Trax is in a unique place to leverage our market-leading position and core competitive advantages to build our next big business. We expect to grow quickly.
As background, Trax is the world leader in computer vision solutions for retail. We offer best-in-class in-store execution tools, market measurement services, and data science solutions that are fundamentally transforming how in-store retail data is being collected, viewed, and analyzed. With Trax, consumer goods manufacturers and retailers can improve product availability, reduce distribution gaps, identify category opportunities and increase their sales immediately.
Trax has been chosen globally as a strategic partner by over 175 clients in over 50 countries. Some of the world's top brands such as Coca-Cola, AB InBev, Nestle, Henkel and P&G among others leverage Trax globally to increase efficiency and business growth.
The Business Operations Manager, Retail Innovation plays a critical role in developing, implementing, and supporting merchandising solutions for Trax clients. This includes but is not limited to: supporting the sales process by articulating and positioning key solution value (directly to prospective clients or via RFPs); helping create client go-to-market strategies; defining client success criteria; establishing and monitoring KPIs and other key metrics both internally and for the client; and developing operational efficiencies that enable Trax to fulfill its mission to optimize labor allocation for task completion within physical retail stores. The Business Operations Manager, Retail Innovation works side-by-side with other teams within Trax, including the Sales, Product, Engineering, Data Collection, and Operations groups.
Generally, the Business Operations Manager, Retail Innovation also works to establish a shared vision for Trax’s merchandising solution across the company, builds consensus, and monitors product health and usage to react to customers' wants and needs to provide the best product possible.
At a minimum, candidates for this role are retail industry experts with current, relevant knowledge about retail merchandising processes and retail labor market dynamics. The ideal candidate will have experience in field operations, brand merchandising, brand distribution, and broker or retail/store operations at retail.
● Retail industry subject matter expert, which is illustrated by either where you have worked and the positions you have held or by the clients you have supported (or both).
● 24/7 operations mindset and a relentless drive to execute to achieve client and company success metrics.
● At least 5+ years of total experience (including 2+ years as a Manager) in field operations, account management, sales engineering, merchandising, account strategy, or similar, either at a brand or retailer.
● Entrepreneurial and agile; you function well in a fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for delivering results is extremely high.
● Broad, strategic thinker: you can see the big picture and know how to prioritize to achieve your goals.
● Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
● Sharp mind for details, collaborative, and a great listener.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher.